Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Grab Shots


Carspotting means being ready to grab a shot of a moving, sometimes fast moving, object. There is little time to think, so the camera must be on and the lens cap off in the passenger seat turned on its side just so, allowing a quick point-n-shoot. If the car is coming at you there is even less time. I usually leave the lens set to the widest setting and make sure I get the car in the frame. I don't know what I've got until I get home. These are a few grabs from the past few days. Featured are '50 MG, one Aston Martin, couple of Bentley Continentals, an arrest me red Ferrari 430 Spyder, a couple Lamborghini's and a couple of a favorite, the Porsche Caymen. Of special interest is a rare BMW Z8, a two seat front engine convertible. Less than 2,400 of these powerhouse beauties were sold in the US. I caught a yellow Ferrari 360 Modena head-on and closing fast, and my very first new Mustang GT 5.0, a breakthrough car for Ford with an engine that sounds like an Aston on steroids. Vroooom, indeed.


















No comments:

Post a Comment