Sunday, May 9, 2010

Black Horse Performance

I was picking up my own car from the paint shop after having some body work and a new convertible top installed, when I came across a black Ferrari Testarossa parked nearby. I stopped to snap a pic with my iPhone when a fellow comes out with a suspicious look on his face. I assured him that I wasn't interested in the owner as much as I admired the car. (A surprising number of people that I encounter while photographing their car are concerned that I was hired by their spouse.) Turns out he was the owner of a performance shop that specializes in Molto-Caliente Ferrari's. He also owned a Honda S2000 like mine so we got on famously. It was the end of the day and he invited me back to see what they had on this given day. They were all pretty recent vintage; one big, yellow 456, one 355 Berlinetta, a 360 Modena, 360 Spyder, a great view of a 430's underside and a 308GTB underneath it. These cars are drivers, not show-off cars, and these are real gear heads, not simply factory mechanics. They seem to make a point of adding performance without adding any weight or visual cues to their real potential. He mentioned a few tips for my car, so I will definitely be back.








1 comment:

  1. Great pics. You are welcome to stop by any time!!

    Best regards,
    Christian Fraga
    Black Horse Performance Inc.

    ReplyDelete